Desert Island Discs with waltonwagner Director Nick Walton
Next up in our latest blog series, Desert Island Discs – in which every member of our team was asked to choose eight recordings, a book and a luxury item that they would take with them if they were to be cast away on a desert island – we are joined by waltonwagner Director Nick Walton.
Read on to find out what Nick’s choices were and, if you missed the first part of our series, you can catch up here.
1) You can bring 8 of your favourite songs to the island – which ones would you pick and why?
1. You Do Something to Me – Paul Weller. (Just a brilliant song and there had to be something in the list from the Modfather – since The Jam through The Style Council to today.)
2. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face – George Michael version. (A great song – and this version is what Mrs W came down the aisle to at our wedding.)
3. Green Eyes – Coldplay. (One of their first hits and still great – and Mrs W said it reminded her of me.)
4. No Sleep Till Brooklyn – Beastie Boys. (They just changed the whole rap world in the 90’s when we would go out in our Mums’ cars and be cool.)
5. Tracey in My Room – Everything But The Girl. (It brings back memories of a summer holiday spent in Northumberland the year I passed my driving test.)
6. Mrs Robinson – Simon & Garfunkel. (I was introduced to Simon & Garfunkel by my Mum and this song is one of my favourites.)
7. Wonderwall – Oasis. (I saw Noel Gallagher as a warm up act at a Paul Weller concert singing this with just a guitar – brilliant. And before Oasis were Oasis!)
8. Blue Monday – New Order (Because you have to – and while I sit on the desert island, I can analyse the lyrics again and again.)
2) You can bring one book with you (to accompany the Bible or another religious work, and the complete works of Shakespeare, both of which you automatically get) – which book would you bring?
The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.
3) You can also have one luxury item, which has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island or allow communication from outside. What item would you take with you?
A 57cm Weber Kettle Barbecue. Nothing better to cook what I catch from the sea until I am rescued!
If you would like to find out more about Nick, take a look at his bio in the Team section of our website or read our interview with him. To find our what records the rest of our team would bring to the island, keep your eyes on our blog.
About us: waltonwagner was established over eight years ago by Jane Wagner and Nick Walton. We are a company who love property. We love project managing, designing, developing and dreaming all things property. We love the big picture and the devil you find in the detail. We love the fact that our clients come to us to achieve things they never thought possible with their buildings and that we are valued for our sensible, practical advice and guidance.
To find out more about the properties we have developed alongside our clients, please visit our projects page or call us to talk further on 020 7499 1377.