Desert Island Discs with Digital Marketing Executive Viktoria Torzsok
Next up in our Desert Island Discs blog series – where we asked each member of the waltonwagner team to choose eight recordings, a book and a luxury item that they would take with them if they were to be cast away on a desert island – we are joined by WW Digital Marketing Executive Viktoria Torzsok. Read on to find out what tracks Viktoria would bring to the island, and what her chosen items would be.
You can bring 8 of your favourite songs to the island – which ones would you pick and why?
1. Picking Up the Pieces – Paloma Faith. Probably the only artist who doesn’t have a single song I don’t like – I would gladly take all four of her albums with me if I could, but sadly I’m restricted to just one track!
2. Crystals – Of Monsters and Men. Hands down my favourite indie band of all time – I could happily listen to their songs all day, every day.
3. Mr Brightside – The Killers. Their 2009 Royal Albert Hall performance was incredible!
4. Hemiplegia – HAERTS. A relatively new favourite and another great indie track, from the 2014 movie ‘Cake‘.
5. Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi. Just to add a bit of 80s vibe to the list – love Bon Jovi and this song!
6. War – She is We. I came across their debut album on Spotify two years ago, and War has been one of my favourite songs ever since. Boomerang would be a close second!
7. Drifting Further Away – Powderfinger. Fellow Grey’s Anatomy fans will remember this one from what was arguably the best and most memorable episode of season 5.
8. Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen. Because it wouldn’t be a playlist without Queen! It’s hard to pick just one song, but if I’m not allowed to bring any more, BoRhap would be my number one choice.
You can bring one book (to accompany the Bible or another religious work, and the complete works of Shakespeare, both of which you automatically get) – which book would you bring with you and why?
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie. I lost count of how many of her books I’ve read (probably more than 35 now) but And Then There Were None has always been my favourite. Ironically, the story is set on an island where the ten main characters are picked off one by one by the killer, so it’s the perfect choice, really!
You can have one luxury item, which has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island or allow communication from outside. What item would you pick and why?
I would probably go for something useful, like a machete. Who knows how long I’ll be stuck on the island, and I’d like to be able to build some sort of a shelter and eat while I’m there, so it would definitely come in handy!
If you would like to find out more about Viktoria, take a look at her bio in the Team section of our website or read our interview with her. To find our what records the rest of our team would bring to the island, keep your eyes on the website.
About us: waltonwagner was established eight years ago by Jane Wagner and Nick Walton. We are a company who love property. We love project managing, designing, developing and dreaming all things property. We love the big picture and the devil you find in the detail. We love the fact that our clients come to us to achieve things they never thought possible with their buildings and that we are valued for our sensible, practical advice and guidance.
To find out more about the properties we have developed alongside our clients, please visit our projects page or call us to talk further on 020 7499 1377.