Desert Island Discs with WW Office Administrator Mary-Diakiese Mabika
Next up in our Desert Island Discs blog series – where we asked each member of the waltonwagner team to choose eight recordings, a book and a luxury item that they would take with them if they were to be cast away on a desert island – we are joined by WW Office Administrator, Mary-Diakiese Mabika. Read on to find out what tracks Mary would pick, and what her chosen items would be.
You can bring 8 of your favourite songs to the island – which ones would you pick and why?
This is hard! I don’t have any favourite songs, but these are the eight tracks that I remember the most for different reasons:
1. Nabimi Molongi – Moise Mbiye. A Congolese gospel worship song – I love the lyrics, it has a great meaning about overcoming difficult situations in life.
2. Napesi – Charles Mombaya. My favourite Congolese gospel musician who passed away in 2007. My mum used to play his songs all the time when I was younger.
3. Oza Nzambe – Dorcas Kaja. Another Congolese gospel song – it’s beautifully written and the artist, like many others, was discovered by Charles Mombaya.
4. Worship Album – Sandra Mbuyi. I’ve cheated on this one because it’s a whole album. I love it so much as it’s so soothing, it always relaxes me.
5. He Did it Again – Sinach. Listening to this one reminds me to always be grateful for what I have.
6. Whitney Houston – Run to You / I Have Nothing. From The Bodyguard soundtrack – it’s one of my favourite movies of all time and Whitney’s voice is just incredible.
7. Kissing You – Desiree. From the Romeo and Juliet soundtrack. Again, a beautiful song from one of my favourite films.
8. Take It – Lauren Ackie. A UK artist with a soulful voice. Take It is one of my favourite tracks from her Genesis album.
You can bring one book (to accompany the Bible or another religious work, and the complete works of Shakespeare, which you automatically get) – which book would you bring and why?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This is the only Harry Potter book I have read so far, and it was so much better than the movie! At the time, it was the first book I’ve read in a while that I enjoyed so much I didn’t want to put it down.
You can have one luxury item (it has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island or allow communication from outside) – what item would you pick and why?
Palmer’s Cocoa Butter – I refuse to have dry skin or lips!
If you would like to find out more about Mary, take a look at her bio in the Team section of our website or read our interview with her. To find our what records the rest of our team would bring to the island, keep your eyes on the website.
About us: waltonwagner was established eight years ago by Jane Wagner and Nick Walton. We are a company who love property. We love project managing, designing, developing and dreaming all things property. We love the big picture and the devil you find in the detail. We love the fact that our clients come to us to achieve things they never thought possible with their buildings and that we are valued for our sensible, practical advice and guidance.
To find out more about the properties we have developed alongside our clients, please visit our projects page or call us to talk further on 020 7499 1377.